The Roseburg High girls lacrosse team is returning a group of eight seniors who are focused on improving on last season’s finish. Their season came to an end with a second-round loss to Oregon City in the OGLA playoffs following a co-Southern Division championship. “I know my group of seniors are really determined to go all the way this year,” Savannah McClendon, who’s entering her second season as the Indians’ head coach, said. “Roseburg has never made it past the second round of the playoffs and they’re determined to beat that record.” Leading the way for the Tribe, who finished …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees