COMPANY: Southern Oregon Diesel LOCATION: 7151 Old Highway 99 North, Roseburg COMPANY HISTORY: Logging was in its heyday in the 1950s, and Boyd Gregory knew it was crucial that diesel machines used in timber falling and hauling remain in good running order. Gregory was a diesel mechanic for Howard Cooper, a construction equipment business in Roseburg. With support and help from his wife, Emma, Gregory opened Southern Oregon Diesel and Electric in 1954 in a shop along Diamond Lake Boulevard. Their first employee was Ken Jacobs, a Roseburg High School student. Gregory worked in the shop and trained the help. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees