FAIR OAKS — The young chief who turned around the once-faltering Fair Oaks Fire Department said today he has accepted a captain’s position with the Siletz Valley Fire Department. Robert Mock, 26, said he will begin his new job in May. He earned praise during his short tenure at Fair Oaks for his energy and commitment to revitalizing the fire department in the rural community east of Sutherlin. The Fair Oaks Rural Fire District board hired Mock in August after a shake-up that began with a recall effort against three board members, who resigned along with the department’s chief, Paul …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees