A Roseburg man was stunned with a Taser Saturday night after allegedly running from officers after a traffic violation stop, Roseburg police said today. Jalal Lumyao Marks-Ziai, 23, allegedly took off running and refused several commands by officers to stop in the 400 block of Southeast Stephens Street around 10:30 p.m. Saturday, police said. Once in custody, he was arrested on suspicion of attempting to elude on foot and on a Jackson County warrant charging drunken driving. Marks-Ziai was booked into the Douglas County Jail and held in lieu of $12,500 bail. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees