Park beautification and police assistance are among the many jobs the city of Roseburg’s 263 volunteers took on last year. Mayor Larry Rich honored the city’s many volunteers this week by naming April Volunteer Recognition month. Members of all the city commissions and the council are volunteers, too — as is the mayor himself. Many individuals and community groups help maintain and plant flowers at city parks. Members of the Volunteers in Police Service keep an eye on homes whose occupants are traveling and put out signs displaying how fast drivers are going. Members of the Fourth of July committee …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees