A Roseburg High senior who knows something about excelling urged kids Tuesday afternoon to be their best. Ally Malone, the Distinguished Young Woman of Oregon, visited the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Umpqua Valley as part of her preparation for the national Young Women competition. Malone, 18, spread the message of national “Be Your Best Self” week, the official outreach program of the Young Women organization. The program teaches kids five keys to being good citizens: being healthy, involved, studious, ambitious and responsible. Malone led the children through interactive games to help them remember the message. Students pushed a …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees