A Roseburg man who took $2 from a tip jar at coffee stand Tuesday returned the money but was cited on suspicion of drinking in public. The 42-year-old man took the money from the Human Bean in the 1200 block of West Harvard Avenue shortly before 4 p.m. An officer found the man outside a nearby business with an open container of beer at his feet, police said. The coffee shop said it didn’t desire for the man to be cited for theft. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees