Think of all the times and ways that Mom has helped you over the years — when you were a child, and after you became an adult. With Mother’s Day almost upon us, now is a good time to pay Mom back with a little extra help — with her Medicare prescription drug costs. If your mother is covered by Medicare and has limited income and resources, she may be eligible for Social Security’s Extra Help program to pay part of her monthly premiums, annual deductibles and prescription co-payments. The Extra Help is estimated to be worth about $4,000 per …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees