CANYONVILLE Permission granted to raze historic Peter Weaver barn A Days Creek rancher will be allowed to demolish a historic barn, following action Friday by the Douglas County Historic Resource Review Committee. Trudy Wentland, the owner of the Peter Weaver barn built in 1888, asked for permission to raze the barn because it had deteriorated so much it would have been too expensive to refurbish the structure, located on Days Creek Cutoff Road, two miles west of Days Creek. Wentland needed committee approval to tear the barn down because it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees