Mark Vasquez and his son, 7-year-old Gavin, were traveling Sunday morning on Harvard Avenue when they spotted what appeared to be an oversized hot dog exiting Interstate 5. “He was like, ‘Follow that Wienermobile!’ ” Mark Vasquez said. The Roseburg resident chased after the orange and yellow Fiberglas hot dog, which measures 27 feet long and 11 feet high, until the Wienermobile pulled into Sherm’s Thunderbird Market on Stewart Parkway. Vasquez posed for cellphone photos, pretending to hold the giant hot dog in his hands. Other shoppers spied the rolling frankfurter and made their way over to gawk, laugh and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees