“Drivers, start your engines!” NASCAR? Daytona, Darlington or the Talladega speedway? No, no, no! This is much bigger than that. There might not be many 200 mph, 650-horsepower engines rumbling from the starting line in this one, but without a doubt, the talent and passion of the participants will skyrocket emotions and bring lawn chair quarterbacks to their feet. Yes, there can be only one thing that could possibly generate such excitement — the ice has cleared off Diamond Lake, AND it’s time to get the boats on the water. Roaring from the docks, headed to favorite spots — this …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees