Frank and Jere Bartley faced a decision back in the early 1980s as they contemplated life after retirement from the military. They could take other government jobs and live in the Baltimore/Washington, D.C., area. Or they could join the family jewelry business and move back home to Myrtle Creek. The couple picked the latter option. They went to work for Hanson Jewelers in 1982 and about 12 years later became its owners by purchasing the business from Alf and Dolores Hanson. Dolores is Frank’s older sister. “It was a great fit,” Jere Bartley said. “We had been considering working for …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees