Oregon has many natural and scenic treasures worthy of protection. We support establishing wild and scenic rivers and wilderness areas. That’s one of the many reasons we encourage our federal legislators to debate, improve and enact the O&C Trust, Conservation and Jobs Act. The act, still in the draft stage, would designate the Devil’s Staircase near Reedsport as a wilderness area, and it would add 58,000 acres to the existing Wild Rogue Wilderness Area in Southern Oregon. It would also add wild and scenic designations to more miles of Oregon streams, including Franklin and Wasson creeks, both tributaries of the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees