A 38-year-old Winchester man was arrested Friday afternoon near Woodburn on suspicion of kidnapping a 30-year-old woman and her 6-year-old child, according to the Oregon State Police. Charles M. Kicinski was booked into the Marion County Jail on suspicion of two counts of second-degree kidnapping and unlawful possession of a firearm. Kicinski knows the victims, police said. At 5:50 p.m., Salem-based troopers responded to a report of a person throwing items from a northbound vehicle on I-5. Other reports said a woman was trying to get out of the vehicle while it was moving and held up a sign for …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees