Sens. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., and Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, have delivered on their promise to propose legislation that requires fuller disclosure of campaign contributions — the sole recourse for those seeking campaign finance sanity in the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision, which allows corporations to spend unlimited amounts of money in elections. In a December 2012 column in The Washington Post, Wyden and Murkowski outlined their proposal to draw back the curtains on anonymous donors. “At minimum, the American people deserve to know before they cast their ballots who is behind massive spending, who is funding people …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees