Undoubtedly the biggest issue facing Douglas County voters in the May 21 election is the Roseburg School District’s five-year, $6 million bond levy. Roseburg is the most populous school district in our county, and its high school is among the largest in the state. Approximately half of our readers reside in the district and must decide how they will mark their ballots, if they haven’t done so already. We urge a yes vote for the children who attend Roseburg schools, for the community and for our future. We acknowledge there are serious issues with the Public Employees Retirement System taking …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees