The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office has not identified the woman whose body was spotted Friday in the South Umpqua River near the Douglas County Fairgrounds, sheriff’s office spokeswoman Andrea Zielinski said today. An autopsy was scheduled for today. Zielinski said the body was badly decomposed. On Saturday, sheriff’s Cpl. Mark Norris said the office had received some phone calls, but no one has reported a missing woman who matches the evidence. He said deputies do not have enough information yet to determine whether the woman was the victim of a homicide or an accident. The body was found by a …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees