RIDDLE — Clifford Brown discovered he has a knack for building and repairing when he joined shop class in eighth grade at Riddle Junior and Senior High School. His skills in shop class gained Brown, 17, a reputation for being the one to call for minor fixes and projects around the school. He’s built bookshelves and cubbies for Riddle Elementary School and flash card boxes and radiator covers for special education classrooms. In the past three summers, the Riddle School District has employed Brown for maintenance, repairs and landscaping on school grounds. Being handy throughout his high school career is …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees