A Roseburg boy who was hit while riding his bicycle in Roseburg Monday afternoon has had surgery and started physical therapy, his stepfather, Mike Fugate, said Wednesday. Andre Heining, 12, had two titanium rods put on each side of his right shin Tuesday evening, Fugate said. He may have another surgery on his leg Friday, Fugate said. Doctors have decided to not operate on a laceration Andre received on his liver because it should heal on its own, he said. A hospital spokeswoman said today Andre was in fair condition. Andre, a Fremont Middle School student, also may have torn …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees