The time has come again for me to write for Chamber Corner. That means we are now starting “round three” of these columns since I wrote the first one back on Dec. 10. It just so happens that the timing is perfect for it to be my turn since the Douglas County Chambers and Cities Summit 4 was hosted Thursday by the Riddle Area Chamber of Commerce. Thirty-six people participated in the summit, including Craig Reed, features editor for this newspaper, and six contributors to Chamber Corner. As the volunteer “wagonmaster” of the summits for the Umpqua Basin Economic Alliance, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees