Clyde Rogers has left the barn. After 46 years with Umpqua Dairy Products Co. in Roseburg — 23 years as an employee and an overlapping 39 years as a board member — the 87-year-old Rogers retired from the company’s board late last month. “I’ve enjoyed my work here, I’ve enjoyed the people who work here,” Rogers said during a recent lunch barbecue held in his honor at the company’s plant. “I’ve got pride in the whole plant. They’ve done so well here.” Rogers began his career with Umpqua Dairy in 1967. He was hired as the office manager. He became …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees