We are old family friends. We’re fourth- and fifth-generation Oregonians with deep roots in Oregon’s forests and its pioneer heritage. We come from families that are here for the long haul, not the short term. We rail at waste and corruption, especially in the name of jobs! We read the guest viewpoint in the May 28 Register-Guard by the Jones sisters. Owners of the huge automated Seneca sawmill, they lament the passing of a smaller, less efficient, less competitive mill like Rough & Ready in Josephine County. Their tears are as unconvincing as some of their claims, such as “The …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees