Editor’s note: This is the third installment of a 12-week plan designed to ready beginning runners for the Umpqua River Run Half Marathon. Sarah Agsten, a doctor of osteopathic medicine in family practice in Roseburg and an experienced runner, has adapted Hal Higdon’s Novice Half Marathon Training Guide to coincide with local races. The plan is suitable for runners who are new to the half-marathon distance, but who have been running at least 3 miles, three or four times a week. The schedule, will appear on Wednesdays, through Aug. 21, in the B section of The News-Review. The third week …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees