The 2013 Music on the Half Shell summer concert series will open Tuesday with a band which earned a nationwide following on YouTube. Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers have recorded several impromptu concerts in their touring van by taping an iPhone to their rearview mirror. Their 2012 “Van Session” cover of the Hall and Oates song, “I Can’t Go for That” went viral on the online video site. It has so far been viewed more than two million times. Nicki Bluhm describes her San Francisco-based band as “country with a little bit of soul.” They will play at 7 p.m. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees