A Sutherlin man suspected of trying to steal cans of beer from the back of a truck was put into a headlock by an Idle Hour Tavern employee until officers arrived, police said today. The 43-year-old man was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft and released. The employee said he was unloading beer at about 11:20 a.m. Friday in the 200 block of Northeast Jackson Street when he saw the man stealing beer. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees