Arthur Marshall Matthews passed away on Wednesday, July 3, 2013, from complications related to a recent cancer diagnosis at Sacred Heart Medical Center, Riverbend in Springfield, Oregon. He was born in Roseburg on August 27, 1940 and spent his entire life in Douglas County, graduating from Douglas High School in 1958. Marshall spent much of his working life in the timber industry. He also spent several years delivering Pepsi and beer to local Douglas County businesses, working as a bartender and manager for Abby’s Pizza, and the latter part of his life working for Roseburg Sand & Gravel, followed by …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees