A 50-year-old transient who allegedly set four small fires was arrested Thursday, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said today. James Luke Abbott is suspected of setting two fires Wednesday on West Fork of Cow Creek Road, deputies said. Authorities contacted a suspicious man Thursday in the area, who ran into the brush. Two more fires broke out around 2 p.m. Thursday near where the man ran into the brush, officials said. A deputy found Abbott about one mile from the fires around 8 p.m. and arrested him. He was taken to the Douglas County Jail on suspicion of four counts …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees