Roseburg Veterans Affairs Medical Center officials hope a street project that began Monday will make the campus’ north entrance safer and less congested. Vehicles navigated a narrower passage into the campus from Garden Valley Boulevard as Albany-based Brothers Concrete Cutting began work on Northwest Veterans Way. The lead contractor on the $1.3 million project is Glen-Mar Construction of Clackamas. VA spokeswoman Carrie Boothe said the project is one of three road improvements planned over the next few months. When the project is complete a few months from now, the northern section of Veterans Way will be wider and have sidewalks. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees