More than 200 lightning strikes this morning in Douglas County have fire agencies alert to the possibility of wildland fires. Before sunrise today, eight fires had been found, according to the Douglas Forest Protective Association. Most lightning strikes were in South County, though strikes occurred as far north as Sutherlin. On Thursday afternoon, firefighters contained a vegetation fire near Interstate 5 Milepost 168 to half an acre. The fire burned grass, brush and trees just off I-5, according to DFPA. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees