Roseburg High School teacher Ken Fazio is a year away from retiring and says he wants to fill his approaching free time by serving on the Roseburg City Council. “I think I have more time available, and I have always been interested in government,” Fazio said. “My wife, Mary, and I have taught in the community for 30 years and this is a way to give back.” Fazio, 57, teaches the alternative education program, StepUp, at Roseburg High School. He submitted his application for the City Council Ward 1 seat on June 14. As of today, he remains the lone …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees