Two fires were ignited by lightning strikes Wednesday evening in the Diamond Lake Ranger District, according to U.S. Forest Service officials. Both fires were one-tenth of an acre. The Pop-Out Fire is two miles south of Cinnamon Butte Lookout, which is already being tended to by firefighters. Firefighters were on their way this morning to the other fire, seven miles southwest of Cinnamon Butte. The Forest Service said it expects more lightning today and will be on the lookout for smoke. Ground and air resources are positioned to respond, officials said. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees