Say this for Oregon Republicans. When they chose a state party chairman, they didn’t go bland. They went eccentric. The 55 Republicans who voted a week ago to make Art Robinson their leader dived into the rabbit hole. It should be interesting. Robinson made such a spectacle of himself in 2011 and 2012, it’s hard to think of him as a party leader in 2013. Yet he is now the state chairman of a major political party. He’s probably the first party chairman who thought Oregon State University had a personal vendetta against him and his children. He’s also probably …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees