Editor’s note: Steve Bowers has a question-and-answer column, “Tips From the Treeman,” in his newsletter for Oregon State University Forestry Extension. The following is taken from that column. Dear Treeman, I got a call from a client whose husband got cyanide poisoning from mulching prunings from English laurel trees. Apparently, the leaves and fruit contain enough hydrogen cyanide to actually cause death if breathed too much. He ended up in the emergency room and is now home, recovering nicely. However, she called our office to ask if the prunings are safe to burn. Do you have any information about or experience with English …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees