The strength and capabilities of Roseburg’s medical facilities, especially its hospitals, are crucial. Thousands of residents within Douglas County and beyond rely on the Roseburg Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Mercy Medical Center to provide the best possible care in emergencies. They rely on the staff members to make intelligent decisions about their care and transport. Many military veterans have located in Roseburg to be near the VA. Some county residents move from outlying areas into Roseburg to be closer to Mercy. Much of the time, praise for the institutions is effusive. One recent tragedy, however, has led to an …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees