Two Roseburg men were arrested Monday after being spotted in the burned out Chrome Nightclub and emerging carrying beer, Roseburg police said. Marc Ernest Harper, 43, and James Henry Wilson, 24, were booked into the Douglas County Jail on suspicion of second-degree burglary, third-degree theft and second-degree criminal trespassing. Police said they were seen inside a fence and in the remains of the nightclub at 2455 Diamond Lake Blvd. Fire destroyed the building July 17. Officials have not released a cause. After being called out, Harper and Wilson walked through the rubble and came out carrying three six-packs of Corona, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees