Fire investigators were unable to determine what caused a blaze that burned down a Roseburg nightclub in mid-July, according to a Roseburg Fire Department report released Wednesday. “Because we can’t positively identify a specific cause, we have to go with undetermined,” Fire Marshal Tony DiMare said in an interview. The Chrome Nightclub, 2455 N.E. Diamond Lake Blvd., was a charred and smoking shell after a blaze that was spotted just before 2 a.m. July 17. The fire destroyed the 54-year-old building, which had hosted a succession of nightspots over the years. The investigation found that unlicensed electrical work had been …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees