Barb Jackson would like to spread the word that it doesn’t have to be a small world, after all. It’s a big, wide world that has a lot to offer besides Disneyland. As a travel agent with the Roseburg office of AAA Oregon/Idaho, Jackson has little trouble naming the top three destinations her clients choose. The Happiest Place on Earth logs in at the number two spot, right between Hawaii and Alaska. Eager to expand our horizons, Jackson is presenting a workshop, Take Me Away!, at the Sept. 13 Conference on Extraordinary Living at Umpqua Community College. “The whole point …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees