The North Douglas School District, which has suffered two tragedies in the last few days, has canceled classes for Tuesday, which was to be the first day of school. In announcing the delay to the school year, the district did not provide a reason, though the cancellation comes after the death of a staff member and student. Efforts to reach school officials today were unsuccessful. Elementary office manager Debby Huckins, 61, died suddenly Saturday morning at her home, according to her son, David Huckins. David Huckins said the cause of death is unknown, though she had not been suffering from …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees