Veterans will be encouraged to adopt pets and sign up for services at a Welcome Home Picnic from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Stewart Park hosted by the Roseburg Veterans Affairs Medical Center. The event will include live music and a barbecue free to veterans and their families. Organizer Darci Moody said this is the first time the event has been held in Roseburg, though similar picnics have been held for several years in Eugene. The theme will be the mental health benefits of having a pet. Trainers will demonstrate the abilities of trained service animals. Saving Grace …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees