Highlights of initial emergency calls and reports to the Douglas County Dispatch Center were not available today. ARRESTS The News-Review publishes the names of individuals who have been arrested on suspicion of at least one felony charge or three misdemeanors or a combination of felony and misdemeanor charges. Thursday Douglas County sheriff Christopher Lawrence Vermillion, 32, of Roseburg on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and restraining order violation. Timothy Paul Vernon, 52, of Roseburg on suspicion of first-degree robbery and second-degree assault. Stephen James Herberger, 26, of Roseburg on suspicion of second-degree criminal trespass and a warrant for parole violation, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees