Umpqua Bank will nearly double in size with its acquisition of Spokane, Wash.-based Sterling Financial Corp. for $2 billion. Umpqua Holdings Corp., the parent company of Umpqua Bank, and Sterling announced the cash and stock agreement late Wednesday. In a statement, the two corporations said their directors’ boards had unanimously approved the transaction. The paperwork to close the deal is expected to be finalized early next year. The two corporations will combine under the Umpqua name and will have about $22 billion in assets. Umpqua will increase to 394 branch offices with about 5,000 employees across Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees