A Myrtle Creek man who ran unsuccessfully for Douglas County commissioner last year has set his sights on the state House. Mark Garcia said Tuesday he will seek the District 2 seat currently held by Roseburg Republican Tim Freeman, who will run for county commissioner instead of another House term. Garcia, 48, the owner of a one-man computer business, Lacodia Tech, is the second to announce his intention to run for the seat Freeman will vacate in 2014. Lookingglass landscape contractor Dallas Heard, 28, announced his intention to run in March. Both men are Republicans and will face each other …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees