Police officers, firefighters, veterans and members of the military waited on tables at several Douglas County restaurants Thursday to earn tips for Up2UsNow’s child abuse prevention programs. The Challenge of the Heroes fundraiser had the special servers taking and delivering orders at tables, filling water glasses and doing other restaurant-related jobs.
FEATURE PHOTOS: Challenge of the Heroes
Trending in: News
- Fort Umpqua Days offers families a fun way to learn about Elkton’s history
- Breaking news: Motorcyclists killed in Highway 138 East crash
- Publisher’s Notebook: If you have to fight cancer, Roseburg is the place to do it
- Harvesting season for Matsutake mushrooms begins Tuesday
- Priority list set for Roseburg urban renewal projects