“Give me a half tanker of iron, and I will give you the next ice age.” — Dr. John Martin, oceanographer, 1988 In the 1970s I was a laboratory technician at Moss Landing Marine Labs on Monterey Bay, Calif. Dr. John Martin was an assistant professor with his own office and lab down the hall. When he became director of the entire laboratory he became my boss and one of the most influential people I have ever known. I have been reading up on soil chemistry and what adjustments I need to do to my garden before the rain starts …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees