Not even the threat of rain kept shoppers from the Umpqua Valley Farmers’ Market on Saturday. And soon, rain will not be a problem for customers or vendors. The market will move indoors to Phoenix Charter School, 3131 Diamond Lake Blvd., to stay open year-round. The summer market, now in its 20th season, will remain at its outdoor location, 2082 Diamond Lake Blvd., until Oct. 19. The market will move indoors Oct. 26 and stay there through the first weekend in April, only breaking on Dec. 28 and Jan. 4 for the holidays, said Heather Barklow, president of the Umpqua …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees