Louis Michalek began to hunt birds back when he was 6 years old growing up in South Dakota’s pheasant country. Hunting got into his blood early and he’s rarely missed a chance to venture outdoors in pursuit of game since. He figures as long as his blood is still flowing, he’ll be out there. So the Roseburg resident will celebrate another birthday on Oct. 25 while on a mule deer hunt in Montana. He’ll be 91. “I still love the adventure of the outdoors,’ said Michalek, who has taken a couple of bucks on his actual birthday, including a four-point …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees