“Stroll, sip and shop”… those are the magic words for Oakland and the seventh annual Wine and Antique Walk to be held from 1 to 4 p.m. Nov. 17. Enjoy this relaxed, late autumn Sunday afternoon (rain or shine) as we get ready for Thanksgiving and the Christmas shopping season. Shops will open their doors to 10 of Umpqua Valley’s finest wineries for your tasting pleasure. Fine gifts and antiques are featured during the walk. The Oakland Singers, in period costume, will serenade walkers with seasonal selections. Purchase an Oakland Passport before starting the walk for $10, get it stamped …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees