ROSEBURG VA to go pink for breast cancer The Veterans Affairs Roseburg Healthcare System will join the national Pink Out on Oct. 17 in support of Breast Cancer Awareness. All staff, veterans and their families are encouraged to wear pink in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Informational displays and materials will be available throughout the VA’s clinics, the hospital and other sites during October to heighten awareness of the higher rates of breast cancer among female and male veterans. Information: Marcia Hall, women veterans program manager, 541-440-10000, ext. 41326, or firstname.lastname@example.org. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees