A forensic scientist testified Tuesday that a concoction of drugs was in the system of Nathan Howard Stuart when he crashed head-on last year with a car driven by a Myrtle Creek woman. Charlotte Ann Fields, 51, died from the injuries she suffered in the collision on Nov. 17, 2012, in the 3800 block of Diamond Lake Boulevard in Roseburg. Stuart, 23, of Roseburg went on trial Tuesday in Douglas County Circuit Court for criminally negligent homicide, second-degree manslaughter and driving under the influence of illegal substances. Judge George Ambrosini is presiding over the nonjury trial, which is expected to …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees