A judge today delayed sentencing for a Roseburg man convicted of pointing a gun at Douglas County sheriff’s deputies during an August standoff. Douglas County Circuit Court Judge George Ambrosini at the morning hearing said he wanted to review the law and the attorneys’ recommendations before he decides if Henry “Hank” John Kuester, 64, will be sent to prison. He rescheduled the hearing for Monday morning. A jury last week found Kuester guilty of unlawful use of a weapon, menacing, pointing a firearm at another, obstructing government administration and unlawful possession of a firearm. Sheriff’s deputies on Aug. 7 went …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees